From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Position Transducer with NI 9237

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a NI 9237 Half/Full-bridge analog input module. Recently I aquired a cable driven position transducer, which is basically a potentiometer. You can find the circuit diagram from the link below or in the attachment.

http://www.celesco.com/_datasheets/sp2.pdf

I realized the NI 9237 requires a half bridge or full bridge circuit in the transducer but apparently the potentiometer is not a bridge circuit, and when I connect the output and excitation terminals to the module, I'm not able to measure the change of voltage or resistance. Do you know any way I can use NI 9237 to measure the potentiometer?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,351 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lalala1234

larryklee

Unfortunately, if your source is not designed for bridge circuit operation, you are probably not going to be able to use the 9237 to take your measurements.  At this point, I would recommend a standard voltage input module.  I think you might find this worth reading.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,329 Views)

Thanks Kyle 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,324 Views)