LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVS with a loaded VC DLL crash can't recovery after reboot.

I am using LV7.0 with CVS 1455, I loaded my VC DLL for image processing, my
LV code tranfers 3 2D array to DLL, the CVS worked for about the whole
morning, then stopped working, after reboot many times , it still got : fail
to download application or say lost RT connection ... don't rember exactly
the message. we know it may cause by the DLL , but we can't recover from
that.

we also tried on other CVS, the same thing.

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,367 Views)
Richard,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments. If have not checked already, then make sure you go through the basics again to verify that your camera hardware and the connection is still working properly. This can best be done through Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) where you can snap/grab images from your 1394 camera as well as verifying and installing software onto the CVS. If everything appears to be working through MAX, then we can look at "starting over" with the CVS.

The following link provides a good guide for reformatting the CVS and making sure that you are starting with a clean system:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/81B64C58139B2DA286256E45005B3C07?OpenDocument

This KnowledgeBase first discusses the Flash on the CV
S, and then provides the steps necessary for "Running the Format Utility." Follow those steps in order to clean off the CVS and start fresh.

You can then reinstall the software and try your application again. If you see the same problems or behavior again, then we may want to examine your application and DLL and make sure there is not a memory leak or other problem that is causing the problems.

Regards,
Michael
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,365 Views)
Hi, does your DLL work on the CVS??? please reply!

greets gerald
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,252 Views)