LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CURL Error 363700 on compact rio

I agree with Mike,

There are some viable ways to losslessly pass the data up to the PC.  :Network Streams are an example:http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12267/en/

If implemented correctly it does not have a high chance of failure and has the ability to buffer data for a send if the connection does go down.

There are also many more alternatives that you can find a high level overview of here: 

ftp://ftp.ni.com/pub/branches/uk/devdays_2011/Best_Practices_for_Inter_Process_and_Inter_Target_Data...

If you structure your achitecture right, you can also implement some safe states, error handling, and watchdogs to ensure a greater reliability.

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(777 Views)

Thanks Aaron - I have no problem of the robustness of communication with the PC, it's just that the PC itself is a point of failure, as are the additional network connections.  A PC can crash or hang, or be shut down or lose power. There is no "fail-safe" mode in those conditions.  My email servers and some network connections (to the CRIO) are on a UPS and have been demonstrated robust.  We use email because that's the way to send text messages to users.  

Although we could cludge something together through a pair of external PC's (including investing in additional hardware), its not the robust solution.  My alternative is to set up a process on our servers, but that's not idea either. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(771 Views)