Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRio RT Bug - Visualization problem for Dialog UI window in RT SubVI

Architecture:

• cRIO 9035

Problem Generation:

• Build your Main RT VI
  • Place a SubVI in your Main RT VI
  • In this SubVI place a "DIALOG UI" box for data input (see attachment)
  • Run your VI

What happens :

• Your CRIO shows correctly your "DIALOG UI"
  • Your Computer DOESN'T show the "DIALOG UI" Box
  • You are not allowed to symply debug your program!!

Solution

• Has anyone a solution?

Best Regards

Carmine

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,185 Views)

If your dialog window is showing up fine on the cRIO, you're using the Embedded UI and aren't using interactive mode.  Your cRIO has disconnected you from the project so there's only one point of control.

Throwing up dialog UIs is not "simply debugging" by any stretch.  Using this method is a large part of why you're unable to run interactive mode and see how your application is working.  Do you intend to have this included in your final application?  If so, are you sure you want your entire VI halting while waiting for the user to input something in a subVI?

There are plenty of "simple" ways to debug your code.  Take a look at updating indicators, probes, etc while running interactively.  That's what the mode is there for.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,158 Views)

Hello and very much for your kindness! Smiley Happy

The problem is that it runs in interactive mode, but "pop up" appears only on RT System and not on my Workstation. In this way I can't enter valide values in order to make e final debug pre-release.

Yes I need this solution beacause it's for me a good solution. (If you have suggestion I will accept them!)

Everyone has to run a Test, has first of all to insert this foundamental Test Configurarion Data and Descriptions of Test.

The software Error behaviour is this one:

• RT automatic launched at Startuo
    • RT launch a Configuration Panel (self made panel)
      • Configuration Panel launch "Dialog UI" fenster  <<< This I can'´t show.

I can control all the software, but "DIALOG UI" doesn't appear on my workstation.

Simply I need to click on POPUP and I can't beacause it's not showed.

Thank you! Smiley Wink
Carmine

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,148 Views)

If you're in interactive mode, your cRIO doesn't have a front panel.  Interactive mode is a tool to help you debug here but there isn't a front panel for the code to display on.  You cannot use things that display on the front panel as troubleshooting techniques.  To run simple tests, you can create controls and indicators.  You put the data set you're interested in testing and let it produce results for you.  It sounds like you have the results portion already and just need to enter the data.  Once your tests are complete, you can shift these controls to the automated process.

Message 4 of 6
(3,142 Views)

I will accept your good suggestions for my debugging! Smiley Happy

Perhaps this behaviour of CRIO in "Remote Control" is a bug. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,135 Views)

It's not so much a bug as it is a byproduct of how RT works.  To guarantee a period for your operation, you have to remove the user.  Once you have the user involved, you're non-deterministic.  (How do you guarantee your user will respond withing x seconds?)

With interactive mode, this is blurred a bit to allow you to debug.  You're not meant to run the application entirely interactively.  It's designed for debugging purposes.  If you have things that will violate the application later, it makes sense they don't work well in interactive mode.  Would you like to test the entire application and have it working only to find out a front panel property node breaks everything?

The 903x cRIOs have an Embedded UI so you can attach a monitor and keyboard and perform non-deterministic behavior this way.  You'll still want to separate these tasks from the deterministic tasks in your application before testing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,128 Views)