LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU usage

Hi forum,

i again need your help. I build an application on my I7 computer its running fine now i created an .exe on another pc (intel atom) and the CPU usage is very high ( around 80%). The application is not running smoothly as it should. 
I figured out which vi it is see attachment. I am using multiple buffer for each channel with around 100000samples the vi calculates the THD and RMS values builds continuously the average and write the average every second to a tdms file.  

Would be great if someone can give me an advice.

Thanks a lot 
Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,410 Views)

I do not see why you use two timers. Is each  of them set to "one second"? Or, do you count the means and thresholds any time data arrives, but write / flush them only once in a second?

I would avoid data multiplication before the structure. Each branch of a wire means a copy of the data. So, if you do it too often, you make unnecessary copies before it is really needed. But this is probably a minor issue. I am looking forward to other answers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,361 Views)

Hi 

the first timer is just waiting once 1s until the buffer gets full, then the callculation makes an average of 100ks and every second i wirte the average to file.

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,356 Views)

Thanks for the explanation. But I still do not see a point to use the second (inner) timer. You say  that you collect the data for a full second, and then execute (calculate average and threshold) and then -- because a full second ran out during the data collection -- write the data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,349 Views)