LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONVERSION OF 1D ARRAY TO 1D ARRAY OF CLUSTER

Solved!
Go to solution

I HAVE MADE A CHART OF (16 PLOTS) USING THE VI ATTACHED. THEN MADE A TYPE DEF OF IT SO I CAN USE IT ELSEWHERE.

WHEN I AM CONNECTING A 1D ARRAY OF 16  DBL TO THAT CHART, I AM GETTING AN ERROR.

(1. TYPE OF SOURCE IS CLUSTER OF 16.

2. TYPE OF SOURCE IS 1D ARRAY OF CLUSTER).

CAN YOU PLEASE SUGEST SOLUTION. THANKS.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,113 Views)

Right-click "array to cluster" and set the cluster size to the right number of elements. (you did not attach the typedef)

What are you actually trying to do?

(Something is also wrong with your keyboard)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,112 Views)

I'm not understanding the point of type defining the chart. I have never seen a reason for that.  What exactly are you trying to do here?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,106 Views)

THANKS FOR HELP.

I AM TRYING TO CONNECT AN ARRAY OF 16 DBL TO A CHART OF CLUSTER OF 16 PLOTS AND IT RETURNS AN ERROR BREAK IN WIRE WHEN I CONNECT IT.

PLEASE SEE TH VI ATTAHED.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,093 Views)

As I said, yuo also need to attach the type definition.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,089 Views)

MY POINT OF MAKING A CHART TYPE DEF SO I CAN MODIFY IT ONLY IN ONE PLACE AN USE IT IN 16 PLACES.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,085 Views)

CHART TYPE DEF ATTCHED,

THIS CHART IS PRE DEFIND FOR 16 PLOTS. THANKS.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,079 Views)

Unless you are using an old teletype, your keyboard is still broken. Please fix it.

In order to use it the way you want, you need to keep the datatype the same. The typedef is an array of clusters where each cluster element is an array. You cannot hook up a cluster of 16 elements, where each cluster element is a scalar.

Message 8 of 15
(3,065 Views)

@Metachnet wrote:

MY POINT OF MAKING A CHART TYPE DEF SO I CAN MODIFY IT ONLY IN ONE PLACE AN USE IT IN 16 PLACES.

I'm still not seeing the point.  Just by wiring in 16 channels you will have the same chart.  So what are you gaining by making it a type def?

You just need to add a Build Array after the Array To Cluster.

And for etiquette reasons, you shouldn't type in all caps.  That implies yelling.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,063 Views)

Dont mean to yell.

I have tryed make a 16 channel chart but was unscucessful, when I wired a 16 plot array of dbl I still was able to make only one plot chart.

thereason for the type def is to replicate 16 plot chart in multiple locations. thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,047 Views)