From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD atm

Hi everyone,
   I have started preparing for CLD, i have solved ATM example.
Please review it and give me your valuable suggestions to improve.

Aarthi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,021 Views)

Arathi,

i have not spent much time on analyzing your application, but here are some quick points as feedback:

1. Try to improve wiring. You have several crossings and bents which are not necessary.

Examples:

- Wiring of the terminal of the while loop

- Wire "State" in the event structure, case "Enter: Value Change". Moving up the selector of the case structure will remove some crossings and bents.

- "Check Card" state has a wire which is overlayed. Additionally, moving the "NotEqual" a bit down makes bents/crossings obsolete.

2. You have some good documentation included, but it seems not to be consistent.

I know that esp. this is a difficult point (do i really have to document EVERYTHING?), but in doubt, provide more than necessary. It simply looks strange if 80% of all cases (event structure/case structure) have docu, 20% not.

Additionally, the docu to "Left Buttons" and "Right Buttons" contains errors due to copy/paste.

3. I am not sure if this collides with the description of the task, but i would load the csv-file once in the init-case and store the string array in a shift register. This would also make the "Current VI Path" and stuff outside the loop obsolete since it could also be placed to the loading of the file in the init-case.

Overall, i have to confess, that this is a very solid solution for the ATM, looking good as well. But i doubt, that you only spent four hours on this.

So please make sure, that you have a good time management as well since you are limited to four hours.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,014 Views)

Hi Norbert,

Thanks for your suggestions. I will improve my documentation and solve my errors.

One thing i dont understand is loading file before while loop. Whatever transactions are done,

that has to be updated in the file, even if i use shift register for passing the array anyway i have

to pass file path also.

If the file size is large,i thought as having entire thing in array is not a good way to do.

So only file operation is done in each transaction.Is it not a good way?

Ya i didnt finish within 4 hours, i am working on it. Have to work more for time management.

Aarthi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,009 Views)

Aarthi,

you are correct, i missed the point that the csv-file is updated again and again.

So i would choose to implement a file FGV/AE to manage that file. But i doubt that this (clean) solution would fit into four hours in addition to the other tasks.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,006 Views)

@Norbert_B wrote:

Aarthi,

you are correct, i missed the point that the csv-file is updated again and again.

So i would choose to implement a file FGV/AE to manage that file. But i doubt that this (clean) solution would fit into four hours in addition to the other tasks.....

Norbert

Nobert,

You are right AE is the right option and I have implemented in the same way but wasted my time in thinking how to make it. So if you are clear with what are the functions that has to be present in the AE then it will be easy to create.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,003 Views)

Ya that is correct. I should have used AE, i have to work on it.

Thanks Norbert

Aarthi
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,001 Views)

Hi ,

I have done changes in ATM machine.

I have seen traffic light application in the forum, i took around 4-4.30 hours.

Please review it and give me suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Aarthi
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,961 Views)