LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD sample question HELP

Hello Labview friends:

I have signed up for the CLAD exam next Monday, and would like all the help you can give.  I have taken the online practice exam twice and failed gloriously both times.  What I find lacking is a diagnostic of some sort so you know what you got right or wrong.  This time around, I have copied and saved some of the questions into a text file, please look at my answers and provide some explaination/corrections on the ones I have gotten wrong.  If you have saved some questions some where your self, feel free to append to the text file so we can pass around to all who is preparing for the exam soon.

Thanks

JoeyCao
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,566 Views)
Sorry, but my first reaction is that you are taking the exam prematurely. A lot of your answers are very wrong and the correct answers are pretty easy to obtain. For example, question three - have you gone to VI Properties>Execution to see what is actually there? Just try to make an array of an array or try to mix controls and indicators in a cluster. And how can you terminate an error cluster with either of the dialog functions (question 18)?

There have been several posts on the CLAD exam and some of the questions are kind of confusing but I think you'd be better off studying the shipping examples and checking into the other on-line learning resources before taking the exam.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 12-05-2006 11:48 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,546 Views)
I would agree with Dennis. I was first going to go through and provide what I thought were the answers, but then I saw what you had down for answers, and there were far too many that were wrong. And many of these were just obvious for someone who's been using LabVIEW for a while. Even the ones you got right you didn't know why they were right. Skip the CLAD, at least for now. Learn more about LabVIEW and then you'll be better prepared to take it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,535 Views)
I got 29/40, I need 3 more correct on the last one, the first test I got 26.  I exaggerated my failure to be humorous, I think you guys are taking it literaly.

Joey Cao
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,526 Views)
On the exam you posted, over half were either wrong or you were unsure why a correct answer was correct.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,510 Views)
I took the CLAD exam today got a 82%, thanks.

Joey Cao
Message 6 of 12
(5,455 Views)

Hello Joey

Congrats to you for passing CLAD. I am preparing for CLAD. May I request you to help me in finding materials to prepare. May I request you to forward me some materials from which you prepared. Thanks. Sudhansu

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,310 Views)
Duplicate post. Please stick to the original thread. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,306 Views)

You know what really helped me study for the CLAD exam?
Run through a few practice tests with LabVIEW open.

You should know most of the conceptual answers, but for the "what will this code do",

what better way than to wire it up and look for yourself?

Also, the Context Help window is a great tool to learn more about what all the functions do.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,279 Views)

I'm intersted writing CLAD.So please send preparation documents

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,807 Views)