LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD Test Warning

My certifications lapsed quite a while ago so I decided to go through the process again ...

Note: This warning is about the actual testing process

When you take the test, you select an answer by clicking on a small circle next to a letter (a,b,c,d).

Halfway through the test, I noticed the actual click fields stretch across the entire screen.

It is required that you fully scroll down on the test screen to complete some questions and you may decide to click on the "Flag for Later" button on the top of the screen. So additional clicks are often needed after you answer the questions.

If you happen to click on the right hand side of the screen, you could be changing your answer or even selecting "no answer". On review, three questions that I had answered, came up as incomplete (unanswered).

Luckily, I saw the issue soon enough to avoid missing questions accidentally (passed easily), but I wanted to let others know of this potential pitfall.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 1 of 6
(3,098 Views)

That is: 

a) Good to know and

b) A HUGE oversight on NI's side

Hope they fix this soon, I really cannot see a reason why the clicking area should extend that much, thanks for the heads up! I have to re-certify soon and this is great to know.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,063 Views)

@stevem181 wrote:
If you happen to click on the right hand side of the screen, you could be changing your answer or even selecting "no answer". On review, three questions that I had answered, came up as incomplete (unanswered).

This might result in failing the Exam. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,046 Views)

I did my CLAD quite a few years ago, but it was done on paper, no clicking with mouse 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,041 Views)

I don't think it's NI's fault Daikataro.

Pearson Vue administers the tests. My guess is that it's their software with NI questions.

I will try to contact them, but I don't expect a quick fix.

I just wanted to give folks a "heads up" on this issue. Forewarned is forearmed.

-----

Blokk - My last CLAD was on paper also. The good old days? Nah, other than the

click area issue, the computer version was pretty good.

Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,012 Views)

I can confirm all of the above.  Did the test today 11/7/2018.  Wish I had seen this post before

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,086 Views)