LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN data queues

Hello!

We are about to read data from a CAN-bus. Then we want to put the data in a queue to work with the data after the reading when we pick them from the queue... we wonder if anyone have a tip about how to use these queues? We create first a queue and then we read but then the program jumps directly to another loop... if anyone got a tip or idea how to think when one uses the queues?

We use the VI "ncReadNetMult.vi" to read the data...

We are greatful for any suggestions.

Thank you. Best regards.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,342 Views)
Anyone?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,338 Views)
Hi Ex-jobb,

your link to the data is the reference handle (ObjHandle) from the ncOpen.vi. I'm not sure, if I understand you correctly, but as long as you don't close (ncClose.vi) that handle, you can access the received data through that handle. If your dataflow allows, wire the ObjHandle into your next loop, too.
If that isn't permitted because of the data flow, you could create a local variable for the ObjHandle and read from that in your next loop.

Please describe your problem in more detail (screenshot, VI, etc.), if I seem to misunderstand.

-B2k
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,329 Views)
Hello!

Like the poster above mentioned you need to include your VIs or attach screenshots on your program in order for us to help you with this issue since the information given is not enough.

Regards,
Jimmie A.
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,301 Views)