cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button Operation

Solved!
Go to solution

@LarsUlrich wrote:

As in the "Error cluster from error code.vi"?

I am searching for them in the functions panel but the icon looks different, it may be from different versions of labview though.  I'm in 8.5

No.... as in the error cluster control/indicator. That's the terminal on the block diagram viewed as an icon.

Message 11 of 17
(817 Views)

ahh I see, ty

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(809 Views)

I have tried using the feedback node as you showed in your block diagram, but the instrument is always on a delay from the "selector."  I.e., the first time I switch the switch, it does nothing, then the second time I flip it, and every time after that, it responds.  Is there a way to avoid this?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(768 Views)

The way it's wired that shouldn't happen. The Feedback Node is essentially initialized with False, and the toggle switch's initial state is False. Hence, on the first flip of the switch the toggle switch's value will be True, triggering the True part of the case structure. Did you wire the Feedback Node properly? Did you try dragging the snippet onto your block diagram?

Note: you can also do this with event structures.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(752 Views)

I figured it out, I was missing a terminator code, so it would see my code to change a setting but it would think more code was coming and wait.  Then I would hit the next switch, it would see the new initializer and preform the old action, and then wait for a terminator for the new action.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(748 Views)

Save me from freq setting failure. thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(672 Views)

@Edwin_Ma wrote:

Save me from freq setting failure. thanks.

Save me from random bumping of zombie threads with unrelated posts that don't make any sense.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(630 Views)