LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button Activation Sequence.

Hi Everyone,

I am creating a program which controls a voice coil controller.  In the program, I have a series of buttons that need to be pressed in a specific order, in order for the controller to operate correctly.  Various users will be using this program so it's imperative that they are used in the correct order to prevent controller malfunction.  I was wondering if there was a way, for when the program starts, all of the buttons except one be disabled.  Once that first button is clicked, a second one becomes enabled, and so on.. until they all have been clicked in the right order.  Finally, when a stop or reset button is clicked, the initial state of only one button active becomes true.  I have attached the project if anyone would like to view the GUI.  "Updated GUI Fretter" is the program and the "Test Control" tab is the one I am referring to.  I'd initially like the "Download Program" button to be active, then once that is clicked, "set home position" becomes available for use, and so on to the right.  

Any ideas or suggestions on how to make this function are greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,544 Views)

I would use a state machine and a property node to enable/disable the buttons.

Message 2 of 5
(2,532 Views)

Or an event structure, with each new button's event activating the valid disable/enable properties of the other buttons.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,525 Views)

I take it back. Event structure is just what you need:

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,516 Views)

Excellent, this is exactly what I'm looking for.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,512 Views)