LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built web page to control a vi

Hello you all

I have developed an aplication (self standing) (with LabVIEW 7.1 Pro) that is been executed in a PC, with a DAQ card and so on... I'm thinking on the possibility of controlling this application remotely, via a web browser, as you where in front of the PC.

I have been searching for information in the forum, and on ni.com, but I still need some clarification. I have made a test application, just with a while loop and a stop button to test the "web publishing tool", but I don't know how to transfer complete control to the web page.

Does anyone know if there is a way to directly "convert" the front pannel VI on a web page and transfer control to this web page?

Thank you very much...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,085 Views)
Hello,

Did you try to right click on the browser window and choose request control?
I think that to be able to control the application (not just view it), you have to have LabVIEW installed in the remote computer.

Hope it helps,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,077 Views)
In the "web publishing tool" I choose "preview in browser", and when I rigth clik, no option appears...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,065 Views)
hi Esther

Try to test all in the same computer with Labview.

Make sure the Embedded option is selected to allow you to control the vi remotely from the browser.

See attached doc. It uses the example charts.vi

Cheers
Alipio
---------------------------------------------------------
"Qod natura non dat, Salmantica non praestat"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,060 Views)
That is exaclty what I do... Then, I press "preview in browser", and when I rigth click, no message appears...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,059 Views)
Hi
Do you get the front panel in the browser iexplorer?

If so, run the vi, ( from labview) an see if browser panel updates and if so, right click in browser panel and you should get a menu to request control.

If can´t get it running, please post doc of browser to check othes posibilities.

Alipio
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,054 Views)
Hi again
Just to make sure options are OK, see attached doc and check Tools>option.

Cheers
Alipio
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,045 Views)
Hello you all
Forgetting this "right click" issue, that seems to have a solution... I have realize I have a (perhaps) bigger problem... The application I have developed is a Stand-alone application, and the PC where it runs does not have LabVIEW installed... Can I web-control a stand-alone application?
Regards
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,043 Views)
Hello Esther,

I'm quite sure you can.
Do you have LabVIEW Runtime installed in the remote machine - the one from where you are trying to control the VI?

Regards,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,038 Views)
Hello

Si. se puede controlar en remoto una aplicacion exe. El full dev labview permite una licencia y el profesional,5.

Mira esto enlaces que tratan del asunto. Hay mas informacion al respecto.
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/8BC90A5F744A482886256BA000681713?opendocument
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/E789515B9976253786256B1F007E039B?opendocument

Saludos
Alipio
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,034 Views)