LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built classes directly into an exe for dynamic loading. But now the installer builder claims that the files can't be found in the built exe?

Oops, missed that tint detail.  I use the Get LV Class Default Value, which uses the file path.  Works as I stated above for both project and executable.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 13
(815 Views)

Ah, ok, well I can try that though honestly I might just drop class constants (or whatever it takes) into the VI to load them if I have to do the path stuff. It would be much better if the classes would be loaded based on the project settings and not using a tricky relative path (since that breaks at runtime if the relative path is changed as opposed to compile time with project settings).

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(813 Views)

So I ended up using a combination approach. I load by name for Labview. And for the build, I create a classes project folder and have them all built into a classes directory when the project is made. Then I can path build the application directory with the classes directory and all my lvclass files will be in there to use the normal LV Class Default Value vi. This doesn't give you quite the same confidence as a compile time error, but at least you know if you stuff a class in the classes folder, you know where it will end up in the build without forcing yourself to always use the same directory structure with your vis, which I think is asking a lot. Thanks for your help.

Still wish there was a way you could simply build the code into the executable to be loaded into memory without this pathing shenanigans. Like linking object files together. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(799 Views)