LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building waveforms for creating WAV files and Playback issues

Hi All,

I am doing some experiments with LabVIEW with the transposition of different data into audio format (It is something I have wanted to try for a while).

All of the read VIs are working perfectly it is just the synthesis of the waveforms that I am having trouble with.

I have reduced my code down to a basic function generator and for loop that runs 100 times, I am then outputting to an existing WAV file to be overwritten.

All of this code runs fine and it is definitely saving something to the WAV file, but I cannot play it in windows media player (it gives me a generic error message).

I am not sure what the problem is as it all runs fine in LV, I have attached my code.

Can anyone deduce why I cannot play my output in WMP?

Also the waveform structure is new to me, can anyone tell me how to compile a waveform manually I cannot find anything online?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,470 Views)
Everything you need to know about a waveform data type is in the help. It's really simple as you can see from the create waveform function. It has a start time, a dt or the time between samples, and the y array. You can create/modify the y array just like any other array.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,466 Views)