From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building waveforms for creating WAV files and Playback issues

Hi All,

I am doing some experiments with LabVIEW with the transposition of different data into audio format (It is something I have wanted to try for a while).

All of the read VIs are working perfectly it is just the synthesis of the waveforms that I am having trouble with.

I have reduced my code down to a basic function generator and for loop that runs 100 times, I am then outputting to an existing WAV file to be overwritten.

All of this code runs fine and it is definitely saving something to the WAV file, but I cannot play it in windows media player (it gives me a generic error message).

I am not sure what the problem is as it all runs fine in LV, I have attached my code.

Can anyone deduce why I cannot play my output in WMP?

Also the waveform structure is new to me, can anyone tell me how to compile a waveform manually I cannot find anything online?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,468 Views)
Everything you need to know about a waveform data type is in the help. It's really simple as you can see from the create waveform function. It has a start time, a dt or the time between samples, and the y array. You can create/modify the y array just like any other array.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,464 Views)