LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building executables when using LV and MATRIXx

Hi!

With respect to Building executables when using LV and MATRIXx, I need clarification on following:

1) Pre-requisites to use MATRIXx? We have LV 7.1 FDS with application builder.
2) Licensing scheme? We would like to have MATRIX on 3 development stations.
3) Can we build stand alone executables when using MATRIXx with LV?
4) Do we need to purchase any addon to achieve (3) ?

Thanks,
Gurdas
Gurdas Sandhu, Ph.D.
ORISE Research Fellow at US EPA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,224 Views)
Hello Gurdas,

Before I answer your questions, I am curious to know what you have in mind for the stand alone executables you are interested in building. It may help me to know a little more detail about your plans. Depending on your application, some of these answers may or may not be applicable. In any case, here are answers to your questions:

1) There are no prerequisites for using MATRIXx. LabVIEW is not required. However, with LabVIEW FDS, you do have an Xmath Script node located in the Functions > All Functions > Analyze > Mathematics > Formula palette. This node can be used to call Xmath scripts from LabVIEW.

Note: To use the Xmath Script node successfully, you will want to install LabVIEW 7.1.1 Maintenance Release. Refer to KnowledgeBase 300A6NDT: How Can I Resolve MATLAB and Xmath Script Node Issues in LabVIEW?

2) There are two licensing options for MATRIXx: node-locked and floating (concurrent). A node-locked license is restricted to a specific node and can be installed and used on that single computer. A floating (concurrent) license allows use of the product by a specified number of concurrent users on any computer on a local area network that includes a server running a single license manager. For more information, follow the link to the MATRIXx Price List from Products and Services: MATRIXx.

3) There are two ways you might build executables when using MATRIXx and LabVIEW. One way uses a component of MATRIXx to automatically generate C code. AutoCode is a component of MATRIXx that allows the user to turn system models into C code. This C code can then be compiled into an EXE or DLL. If built into a DLL, LabVIEW can be used to call the DLL. A more thorough explanation of this is provided in Developer Zone Tutorial: Running MATRIXx SystemBuild Models in LabVIEW/LabVIEW Real-Time.

Another way that may work is to build an executable from a LabVIEW VI that uses an Xmath Script Node. Any target machine running this executable would need to have Xmath and the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine installed.

4) No other add-ons are needed for (3). Do be sure to refer to the note following the answer to (1).

Regards,

Eric M.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,205 Views)