LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building applications including NI VISA?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am faced by a similar problem only that even after including LabView and VISA Runtime in the build plus the config file as stated in http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/80F2165E774B51FB86257CAC006E81A9 am still unable to get the VISA driver installed on a machine through the installer. For my purpose the USB device should show up in Device Manager being controlled by the NI VISA Driver: (see attachment)

Any help would be deeply appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(853 Views)
What sort of USB device? If you used the VISA Wizard, you would of course, need the inf file installed.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(839 Views)

It is a HID class USB device. I included the visaconf.ini file in the installer according to the help documentation. Later on the target machine i just clicked on Setup.exe hoping that the visaconf.ini would also be installed. Am i making a mistake here ?

I also notice that the NI VISA Driver Wizard created in C:\Users\shaark\Documents\National Instruments\NI-VISA two .inf files that can be used for installing the drivers. One needs to right click and select "install". Should they also be someway included in the installer such that they install the driver on the target machine ?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(823 Views)
You are saying two conflicting things. A HID device does not use VISA and does not show in MAX.

I don't know how you would get two different inf files from the wizard when you discard the HIF driver, but yes, one must be included on the installer so Windows can use it. Visaconf.ini had nothing to do with the installation of the Windows driver.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(816 Views)

In the Firmware atleast, the device is configured as an HID Driver. On the PC however I use the VISA Read and Write to send data to the device and VISA Driver to control the device. However it is not important, you said

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
You are saying two conflicting things. A HID device does not use VISA and does not show in MAX.

I don't know how you would get two different inf files from the wizard when you discard the HIF driver, but yes, one must be included on the installer so Windows can use it. Visaconf.ini had nothing to do with the installation of the Windows driver.

How do I include the .inf file in the installer and make sure that it is executed/installed? Also i tend to have two .inf files as can be seen in the screenshot (as attachment)

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(810 Views)
As external files in the installer, you need to specify the Windows folder as the destination.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(806 Views)