LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Installer Crashes Developement System LV2014SP1

I understand that this is an old thread, but I have a possible solution to the problem of the TSVN Tool Kit vs LabVIEW.

First, my problem: I was always getting the exact same error realated to the tool kit when I closed out LabVIEW.  Almost every single time.  What solved my issue was to go to close the project (saving any files that need saving) but NOT close LabVIEW.  Then re-open the project from the Startup Screen.  This causes all the overlays to be refreshed, and now I can close LabVIEW without a crash on exit.  It seems that the tool kit freaks out if you exit LabVIEW before it has a chance to update the overlays.

I was hoping that maybe if you did this right before buiding an install, you could solve the issue without having to remove the tool kit.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,004 Views)

Sorry, the real solution is to disable the Icon Overlays --> Autorefresh in the tool kit settings before doing whatever it is that crashes the tool kit.  Tools --> Viewpoint TSVN Toolkit --> Settings --> Icon Overlays.

If I do this before exiting LabVIEW, for example, it doesn't crash the tool kit.  I presume the toolkit hates exiting when it is in the middle of refreshing the icons.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 12 of 13
(990 Views)

I've been having the same problems in LV 2015 SP1 ever since I installed TSVN Toolkit, though I hadn't put it together until reading this. Error on exit and I was able to compile my .exe-s but the installer builder would always crash. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(713 Views)