LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build project to take measurement

Hi, I tried to build a project to take measurements. Firstly i select New VI, then right click on the block diagram and try to select input>>DAQ Assistant, but i couldn't see it, i only see Instrument I/O Assistant, and even i drop this on my block diagram, i got the error message said "MAX or the Instrument I/O Assistant is not installed correctly. Please install these fro the LabVIEW Drive CD". Currently I have MAX ver14.0 and for LabVIEW is evaluation copy 2014. Thank you very much for the help.

regards,

Yutao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,298 Views)

You need to install NI Device Drivers (August 2014) see here and here its a two part download

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,289 Views)

Thanks Jeff.

I very likely will purchase LabVIEW 2014 very soon. do i need to remove this drivers before i install the purchased 2014 LabVIEW (i believe it come with the drivers for sure), or when i install, these drivers just been overwritten then there won't be any conflicts.

Currently i have NI sound & vibration suite (purchased), after i purchase 2014 labVIEW, before i install it, I will remove the Evaluation copy and all associated files. As you know, all NI downloads are just show one line in Control Panel called National Instrument Software, the software are not seperated listed

In short, i just want to remove the Evaluation LabVIEW and asscociated drivers/files to avoid later conflicts (maybe i worry too much), but not remove the NI S&V I have. What i should pay attention when i remove the evaluation copy and what is the easier way to do? Or i just don't need to worry.

thank you for the help.

Yutao

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,279 Views)
You don't need to remove a thing. You would just activate the evaluation copy with the serial number you get when you purchase LabVIEW.
Message 4 of 4
(2,266 Views)