From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build executable for project containing Labview Ladder Diagram

Hello all,

Is it possible to build executable for project containing a Labview Ladder Diagram.  I am trying to develop a small program in wich logic has been built with labview ladder diagram aditor. Now I am including this file into my project and a small vi that is pass variable to ladder diagram.I am buildingexecutable for this vi but i am no where able to access or get data from ladder diagram. How to do this..??? I am attaching this project herewith..

Regards.

Malhar

Message Edited by Malhar on 04-18-2009 04:12 PM
Greeting from India,
Malhar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,758 Views)

hello...

Can anyone help me please..

Regards.

Malhar

Greeting from India,
Malhar
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,679 Views)

Hi,

I am not aware of Ladder but which VI is being made into executable?? and how are the two VIs related(i dont see one being called in the other)

I didnt understand how does your project work... kindly explain more....

Vaibhav

.......^___________________^
....../ '---_BOT ____________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,660 Views)

hi vaibhav,

The project attached in my post there is only one vi called  Ladder.vi. Now I want this vi mde into executable. The logic is written in Ladder file that is Test Ladder.lvlad. In ladder I set and resat booleans and writevariable of that. Now in my vi file I only read that variables. For this condition I want to build executable for that VI so that ladder also run in backend so  that I get variable status in my VI. Guide me in doing this. Is it possible to build executable containing LabVIEW Ladder file. 

Thanks..

Regards

Malhar

Greeting from India,
Malhar
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,656 Views)

Hi Malhar,

The following sentence is from the LabVIEW Help topic for creating Ladder diagrams:

You can build a .exe or .rtexe application from a LabVIEW VI that includes a ladder diagram as a subVI.

In your sample app that you attached, the ladder diagram is being called at the top level, and not as a subVI.  If you call the ladder as a subVI (maybe by adding it to the diagram of Ladder.vi, along with some logic that will cause it to stop when the stop button in Ladder.vi is pressed), you should be able to build and use an executable, but the ladder UI will not be available when calling the ladder from a built EXE.

Also, for the future, I recommend posting questions about ladder diagrams to the Ladder Diagram Editor thread in the NI Labs discussion forum.

Message Edited by Darren on 04-28-2009 10:14 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,631 Views)

@Darren wrote:

Also, for the future, I recommend posting questions about ladder diagrams to the Ladder Diagram Editor thread in the NI Labs discussion forum.

Message Edited by Darren on 04-28-2009 10:14 AM

Uhmmmm.. did you mean NI Labs Discussion area the NI Labs forums have been closed for few years now.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,831 Views)

When I saw this post, I got rather excited, as I had to program a PLC in Ladder Logic, and said "Gee, I wish I could use LabVIEW".  So I followed the Ladder threads, only to find that the LabVIEW Ladder Diagram Editor was developed for LabVIEW 8.6, and then was dropped by NI and never made it to LabVIEW 8.6.1 (and the downloads were removed).  Oh, well ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,812 Views)