From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build executable application - no option

Hello i've LabVIEW 2014 Student version and i'm supposed to build stand alone executable application from my project. I've prepared VI properties, paths etc. To start creatting exe i was looking for Application Exe option in build specifications, but i have only source distribution choice.. Have i do something additional before this step or this is fault of LabView Version?
Thanks for your anwers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,181 Views)
The student version does not come with the application builder. It is not an option that students should even need. Who imposed the requirement for an exe? To build an exe and distribute it, you would need the Professional version of LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,178 Views)

We have lecture about digital signal processing in labview and for credit we have to build some dsp program in labview and for our knowledge and practise we need build also exe and installer. But as you said two last things are impossible 😛

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,164 Views)
It's too bad you have a lecturer that doesn't know LabVIEW and the different options.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,161 Views)

Do you have any computer labs with LabVIEW installed - maybe the versions installed on the University machines have the full development suite (or at least the application builder?) as part of the university licence and you can open your project on there to create the .exe and installer?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 5 of 5
(3,152 Views)