From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build error 1547 when enabling ActiveX server.

I am getting the following error when trying to build an exectuable: 

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1547 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: There was an error generating the type library.

Method Name: Build:Application

This build used to work fine. I have tried mass compiling the project directory, recreating the build from scratch, rebooting etc. No luck. It seems to build fine if I dont have enable active X server checked but unfortunately it's required for this application. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,519 Views)

Just an update: I tried starting fresh with a new project and still I am getting the same error. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,500 Views)

Hello!

Has anything recently changed on your computer? Have there been any Windows updates in the time that this program stopped working? Are you running your program as administrator and do you have complete admin rights to your computer? I found a similar issue to this as I have looked in to this issue, and it appears that they were able to do a gpupdate in the command window to reinstall the correct priveleges. Here is more information about that command:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490983.aspx

Thanks!

Stephanie S.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,464 Views)

I've tried on multiple windows 7 computers still have had no luck. Also tried a backup I made several months ago which I know I was able to build and had the same error. However, if I start a new empty project and make a simple vi and then enable active X it works. I tried making a new project, adding my vis again, making a new build and that still failed though. Sure there may have been windows updates in between. I dont really remember though. I'm running as administrator. I'll give the gpudate command a shot to see if that helps. Maybe IT changed something... Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,454 Views)

Ran the gpupdate command, restarted the computer but still have the same build error. Do I have to be in the project directory when I run gpupdate or does it do everything? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,444 Views)