From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Error LV 2011 (32-bit installed on 64-bit Windows 7)

Solved!
Go to solution

While building an exe file, got this error:

----------------

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi->AB_UI_Frmwk_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.

Method Name: Linker:Write Info To File

---------------

The file output is set to local C:\build\App\ folder; however the source files are localed on a shared drive. What could be the problem? I do not see any output files in the specified folder on C drive.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,281 Views)

Also tried to build the exe file (same project) on 32-bit Windows 7, 32-bit LV 2011. Got this error:

--------

Error 6 occurred at Delete in AB_Engine_Delete_Internal_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi->AB_UI_Frmwk_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Generic file I/O error.

----------

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,277 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vladiator

Found a solution. Had to copy all files on a local drive, and then re-create the lvproj project structure. Only then I was able to build an exe without errors.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,255 Views)