From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build DLL Programmatically - Change Function Name

I'm using the VIs in the AppBuilder\AB_API folder to create DLLs for VIs in a project. Everything is working, but I'd like to be able to change the function name in the VI Prototype dialog box. I can't find anything in the API to accomplish this.

I found VIs in AppBuilder\AB_Classes\Source\ExportedVI that look like they can do what I want called Get_Source_ExportedVI_Data.vi and Set_Source_ExportedVI_Data.vi, but they're part of a different class and I can't seem to get the class object that they want as an input from the DLL API.

Does anyone know how to do this? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,591 Views)

Ok, I got this to work by copying the VI with a name that matches the name of the function I want. This way, when I add it as an exported VI to the DLL build, it uses the new VI name as the function name. It works, but I don't really want to do it this way. I had to add a delay so that it waits for the new file to be added in the project before it tries to add it to a build, this seems like it could cause problems.

There has to be a way to do this more efficiently. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,558 Views)

Hi Marc,

This is a really good question. Let me look into this a bit more and get back to you.

I also suggest posting on this forum too:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=475309&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

FLash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,556 Views)