LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build DLL Programmatically - Change Function Name

I'm using the VIs in the AppBuilder\AB_API folder to create DLLs for VIs in a project. Everything is working, but I'd like to be able to change the function name in the VI Prototype dialog box. I can't find anything in the API to accomplish this.

I found VIs in AppBuilder\AB_Classes\Source\ExportedVI that look like they can do what I want called Get_Source_ExportedVI_Data.vi and Set_Source_ExportedVI_Data.vi, but they're part of a different class and I can't seem to get the class object that they want as an input from the DLL API.

Does anyone know how to do this? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,584 Views)

Ok, I got this to work by copying the VI with a name that matches the name of the function I want. This way, when I add it as an exported VI to the DLL build, it uses the new VI name as the function name. It works, but I don't really want to do it this way. I had to add a delay so that it waits for the new file to be added in the project before it tries to add it to a build, this seems like it could cause problems.

There has to be a way to do this more efficiently. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,551 Views)

Hi Marc,

This is a really good question. Let me look into this a bit more and get back to you.

I also suggest posting on this forum too:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=475309&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

FLash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,549 Views)