LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Application with all files inside .exe

Hello,

I have a labview project consisting of a few classes and subvi's. Nothing really special. Now when i try to build an .exe file, i get the .exe, an application.ini, an Application.aliases and an data folder (has the classes and dll's within). What i want however is the .exe file with all files inside. So that at the test setup, there is only one file on de dekstop, and not 4. Is it possible to do that?

Greetings wcm 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,786 Views)

LabVIEW 2009 and later have a build option (set on per default) that embeds all the classes inside the executable file.

The ini file will always be created, however you can delete it during startup of your executable.

I think you don't need the data folder since that has some DLL already present on your system.

However my advise is to create an installer that puts the executable (and the other files) inside the program files folder. And the installer can create a shortcut to the executable.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,781 Views)
Thanx for the answer. I forgot to mention i'm using Labview 8.2. Im going to play with it a bit. Hopefully it is not so hard to do. Im in bit of a time trouble
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,771 Views)
LabVIEW 8.2 was the first release of LabVOOP, so it does not have all the bells and whistles later releases had.  If you want everything in a single file, you will need to ensure that none of the names of the subVIs are the same because in the EXE, they will all be in the same location.  Newer versions of LabVIEW have automated dealing with this issue, but I don't think 8.2 did.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,730 Views)
I have a different question/comment. Why are you placing the application on the desktop? It would be better to create an installer so you can install the application in the Program Files folder and then simply place a shortcut on the desktop (which the installer can do). Then who cares how many files are actually created?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,716 Views)