cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Application Error 7

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey everyone,

I had a computer issue and IT had to reinstall some hardware on my PC - now when I try to build the application it comes up with error 7, no matter where I put it. It seems like it isn't creating the file at the destination. Any thoughts at how to fix this?

Thank you,

Anthony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,616 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnthonyMN

Seeing the .VI really doesn't help us.  Nothing appears obviously wrong in it.  And problems with building apps are more likely to be caused by a setting in the Build Spec in project explorer than in anything in a VI.

What hardware did they change on your PC?  Was it DAQ hardware?  Was it PC hardware like a hard drive?  Is it possible they did more than you thought they were doing like change user permissions or take away admin rights?  Are you an admin on your own PC?

Error 7 is File not found.  That tells me it is more likely it is trying to find a file to read.  I guess it is also possible that it is looking for a location to save a file, but perhaps that path no longer exists.  Check any path definitions in your build spec to make sure they still exist.  Perhaps there was some subtle change that wasn't obvious like a path now as a space at the end of it.

Message 2 of 4
(3,606 Views)

They just shoved my harddrive into a different chassis apparently. Everything minus my data got changed out.

Apparently it wasn't automatically running the program as an administrator. When I opened it as an administrator it all worked out. Thanks man!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,604 Views)

I had a similar issue yesterday.

Build Errors_Error 7.PNG

After reinstall the modbus library and two hours of trying, my college solved my problem.

I changed the "Local destination directory" of the build folder to the Desktop of my Virtual Machine, everything worked fine.

LabVIEW seems to doesn't like if you choose a directory on a network drive for "Local destination directory"!!!...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,088 Views)