From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug or Feature? Array Custom Contextual Menu Destroys "Delete" and "Insert" Element!

@X. wrote:

What do you mean by "don't customize the shortcut menu at all"?

That's precisely the intent!

I want to customize the shortcut menu while keeping some of the native functionalities.

And that is exactly what the solution from Mr. Anderson should allow you. It's some programming but it would work. You can build the entire menu dynamically both adding your custom items as well as standard items to the menu.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,068 Views)

I'll try it and report.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,041 Views)

In fact, the main problem is that the contextual menu for array elements seems nowhere accessible.

For a 1D array, BTW, the appropriate app menu items would be APP_SC_DELETE_ELEMENT and APP_SC_INSERT_ELEMENT_BEFORE.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,992 Views)

Hi

I have faced this issue before but used Delete and Insert buttons as a work around. I also used the menu items for an element as the custom menu for the entire array (copy data, paste data, etc with cluster elements). The user has to be careful where the right click is made, in order to get the correct behavior.

I was not happy with it, though.

I currently use LV 2014 and I customize run time menus on controls, in most of my user interfaces. It would be really really useful, to be able to customize the run time menu both for an array as an entity and for the element as well.

I hope this would be addressed in the newer versions.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,928 Views)