LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in "Get and Set Time.vi" example for RT systems

There is a bug in "Get and Set Time.vi" that ships as an example in the "NI System Monitor" package.  The routine does *NOT* return the hour correctly.Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 10-24 9.16.40.png

Note the string "%#H:12:39.371" as the time of day.  That should be 09:12:39.371 as it was 9 AM at the time.

Mac OS X 10.8.5

LabVIEW 14-64bit

NI System Monitor 14.0.1

Pharlap RT PXI embedded system version 14.0 updated.

NOTE: it is odd that the default "New Time" has #H as the hour but that is hard wired into the VI as a sentinel case.

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,570 Views)

Hi sth,

Thank you for posting! I tried this on my computer - Win7, LV 2014 32-bit, targetting a cRIO 9068. I did not see the same behavior (I am assuming you are just running the example). I am going to do some more testing on a similar machine to try to replicate the problem so I can file a CAR.

Rahul B.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,503 Views)

Rahul,

It may be only in the Mac OS X code base.  But since it is one of those annoying locked VIs I can't tell.  Now of course this is locked because communication with the RT system is so sensitive or just plain messy.  My guess is that if I thow wireshark at it I can tell you what is inside and it shouldn't be that secret.

But let me know what you find running under Mac OS X.

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,491 Views)