LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in disabled elements of array?

Hi guys.

I'm having an strange behavior of the disabled elements of an array. Those elements are clusters. I guess it's a bug because it happens even while the program isn't running.

I recorded a video where you can see how the disabled clusters, are taking some values of the last cluster where I had the cursor.

And as you can see I don't have any diagram code.

Have you ever seen something like this?

It matters to me because for the client It'll looks like it there were a error.

http://youtu.be/I_rsRzldeEE

Thanks and my best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,270 Views)

Please attach the actual VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,262 Views)

Here it is, I removed all elements which has not problems.

I'm using LV2013 32B 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,254 Views)

The column on the right is not "disabled", they are simply outside the valid range of the array data, which has only one column.

The elements in the first column have default data that differs as a function of the array element, so I can see that LabVIEW might be confused what to show as default data for elements that are not valid. I guess the question is why you even show that column?

Maybe you should handle it on the data side an explicitly show defined default data for the elements you are not using (e.g. all zeroes)..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,245 Views)

Thanks. Yeah you're right, disabled isn't the correct translation for my idea.

The reason is that the default look of my program has this column enabled or indexed, and everything was working ok.
Now I'm going to use the same program, but just for 5 refrigeration rooms, so I thought just resize the array, then I realized that some values was changing while I move the mouse over.

The default values in my real program are zeros, but once the first column gets values, I can see how they're copied to the second one. I made the values that you see as default just for upload the vi.

It's not a functional problem but I don't like how it looks.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,234 Views)