LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in cluster drag'n'drop

Solved!
Go to solution

LV2011, haven't tried in any other. Just crashed LV 3 times in a row when creating a cluster and dragging  in a numeric array. The 3rd time i noticed the array was grouped with a free label, and when ungrouped it all worked as anticipated.

So: Dragging grouped objects into a cluster crashes LV.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,380 Views)

Cannot reproduce this using LV 2013.

The array nor cluster is a type def, correct?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,378 Views)

I was doing some cleaning up on inherited code which had all information in a cluster (which i earlier type def'd), i was structuring things by grouping them in sub-clusters. The components were not type def'd, no, the main cluster was.

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,343 Views)

I have to confess that i am a little confused now.

The main cluster you created is typified. And then you drag an array into what? The single instance or into the type definition?

If you drag in the instance, it has to fail as the array is not part of the type def. Hence that array has to overlay the cluster (or other way round).

Is this the situation where LV crashes?

Still having a hard time trying to reproduce with LV 2013. Maybe (if you want to continue on this) you can provide a short screencapture video on what you are doing?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,310 Views)

The main cluster was an All varaibles in one place-thing, so i've structured it by creating some sub-clusters and grouping data that way. E.g. DI and DO as separate clusters and so on.

Dragging arrays and groups of indicator/controls into the clusters worked fine, until i dragged a couple of grouped items into one.

It is possible there was a strange group causing "half" an indicator to end up in the cluster (possibly just the label from another control) in which case i should recieve a warning or the group should dissolve, not a Crash to desktop.

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,262 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Yamaeda

Hi Yamaeda,

I have been able to reproduce this error in LabVIEW 2013, 2012, 2011 SP1 and 2010 SP1. However, for some reason, LabVIEW 2009 SP1 can handle it. That is, this error does not occur in LabVIEW 2009 SP1, but in all later versions.

I attach an example for the five versions (mentioned above) that I used when trying to reproduce this error. You can try them if you like and verify. The example VI has two newly created empty clusters. The top cluster contains two arrays that are locked within a group. If you move the group of arrays from the top cluster into the bottom cluster, I get an error message saying "Not enough memory to complete this operation." If I move the group back and fourth between the clusters (four times for me was enough), LabVIEW closes abruptly. When I open LabVIEW again, I get a message from LabVIEW saying "Internal Warning 0x9A3507AE occurred in FPDCO.cpp".

I will report a CAR of this at earliest convenience.

Message 6 of 8
(3,237 Views)

CAR 433514 was filed for this issue, and will be investigated by LabVIEW R&D.

Thanks,

Danny Funk -- Senior Group Manager -- Software R&D -- NI
Message 7 of 8
(3,173 Views)

CAR 433514 discussed in this thread was fixed in  LabVIEW 2014.  For a more complete list of bugs fixed in LabVIEW 2014, check the LabVIEW 2014 Bug Fixes. You can download an evaluation copy of LabVIEW 2014 at http://www.ni.com/trylabview/ or if you have an earlier version of LabVIEW installed and an active SSP subscription, you will be able to download the latest version of LabVIEW through NI Update Service.

Regards,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments | Certified LabVIEW Architect 

Message 8 of 8
(3,084 Views)