LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug? Two Doubles not detected as equal v8.6

@Sentinal_Bais wrote:

I am supprised at the number of condesending people there are in the NI fourms... 

Thanks!  Condescension is a virtue when you're better than everyone else.  Smiley Tongue

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 31 of 33
(534 Views)

@Sentinal_Bais wrote:

I am supprised at the number of condesending people there are in the NI fourms...  

What does this have to do with the Iberian peninsula, and what are they sending? Your statement is also very ambiguous. Are you surprised that the number is so low or are you surprised that the number is so high. It's all relative to some personal standard that you fail to mention.

@Sentinal_Bais wrote:

labview is supposed to be a high level language like matlab and it would be expected this functionality is built in.

So clearly this is a grose oversite by NI I would expect this feature to be built in. 

What "functionality"? Is it supposed to alter the result of internal calculations to agree with some agenda? Is it supposed to guess what result you actually want and substitute it without telling you? What if there actually is a real, but very small difference. Should it lie to you and say they are equal?

Proposing a new "feature" can be done in the ideas exchange. Please formulate it well or there will be condescending remarks. 😉

Even in the far future, where all computations take place with a 100000bit mantissa on some quantum computer, you'll run into the same problem.

Message 32 of 33
(520 Views)

altenbach wrote:

Even in the far future, where all computations take place with a 100000bit mantissa on some quantum computer, you'll run into the same problem.

And there will still be people posting on forums about it claiming they found a "bug". Smiley LOL

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(469 Views)