Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug (LabVIEW 2011 sp1 crash)

Bug (LabVIEW 2011 sp1 crash)

1) Open LabVIEW

2) Blank VI

3) Front Panel / View / Class Browser

follow exactly this :

Class Browser / Object library ---> select "LabVIEW Classes" ---> and then clic "Search"

result : The window "Class Browser Search" opens ----> do nothing ... just "Cancel"

back to the window Class Browser ...

Class Browser / Object library ----> now select "DAQmx"

result : in the window Class Browser : Objet library = DAQmx

Class         = DAQmx buffer

don't touch anything else (!)

and now clic "Search" ... LV CRASH

Message 1 of 12
(7,016 Views)

I'll confirm that I was able to replicate the crash by following those steps.

The description says "Exception: Access violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x013C87CF"  "Version: 11.0.1f1"

Message 2 of 12
(7,002 Views)

...and LV2010 SP1

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,986 Views)

Hello ouadji,

Did you already report this bug from inside LabVIEW?

If not, can you provide me with your details (name and company) so that I can enter this bug in our internal system?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,960 Views)

Hello ouadji,

I saw that you also posted this bug over here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/BreakPoint/Monthly-Bugs-April-2012/m-p/1939725/highlight/true#M18729

This topic is being followed by one of my colleagues and they will make sure that this error/bug is internally followed up.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,873 Views)

no CAR number ?

Message 6 of 12
(6,857 Views)

Hello Ouadji,

I did a search in our system yesterday and there was no CAR number yet.

My American colleagues (that are directly at the "R&D source") do however monitor the parallel bug thread, but they haven't yet created a CAR about it.

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,833 Views)

When you meet your colleagues, could you ask them, of course when they have time, to create this number.

This will make me happy,  and this would be a small reward   Smiley Happy   for this bug report.

Thank you very much in advance ThiCop

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,812 Views)

@ThiCop wrote:

Hello Ouadji,

I did a search in our system yesterday and there was no CAR number yet.

My American colleagues (that are directly at the "R&D source") do however monitor the parallel bug thread, but they haven't yet created a CAR about it.

With all due respect I would invite you to ask them to log the CAR and update this thread like they are supposed to do.

Generally speaking a CAR number will never guarentee a fix but I can guarentee you that a non-CAR'd bug will never be fixed.

So plese get them to log the CAR to show us that they care about LV as much as we do.

Just my 2 cents,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 9 of 12
(6,802 Views)

Hello Ben & Ouadji,

After some talks with my colleagues it became clear to me that I didn't know about one of the forum rules.

So please blame me for the inconvenience and not my colleagues.

I'm going to create the CAR myself and post the number over here.

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,778 Views)