LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug? LabVIEW-2009: Boolean wire missing some dots

I opened a VI from someone asking a question on this forum and noticed some missing dots on two boolean wires.

This was opened using LV 2009.  It's an Evaluation installation (in case someone is wondering about specifics).

I minimized and maximized the block diagram and the dots were okay.

I don't know if this was already reported.

R

Message Edited by Ray.R on 10-08-2009 06:06 PM
Message 1 of 14
(7,617 Views)
I have seen this a few times with other code. Not the boolean dots but just rendering of graphics on the block diagram. When I minimize -> maximize, the graphics are OK then.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(7,593 Views)

I had seen this behaviour in my past company's slow PCs from LV 7.0 in almost all versions upto 8.5.

Never gave a second thought over it, though. Smiley Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(7,586 Views)

I'm quite sure it's been reported for other versions before. 

I guess it's a very low priority bug.  

Looks funny, that's all..   Wireless wires maybe.  😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(7,565 Views)

Ray.R wrote:

I'm quite sure it's been reported for other versions before. 

I guess it's a very low priority bug.  

Looks funny, that's all..   Wireless wires maybe.  😉

THe weirdest graphicl bug I ever saw was in about LV 5.0 and manifest itself with clusters in an Action Engine construct. I called it "the Wires from nowhere" bug and was mind blowing (if you understood the data flow paradigm) when you watched it execution highlighting mode. Value came out of nowhere and appered at the loose end of wire fragments.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(7,562 Views)
You guys are insane!  Oh no, wait a minute...I guess just your wires are.
Message 6 of 14
(7,538 Views)
LOL!  Imagine all the people that would need help if we came up with wireless wires...  Hey wait a minute..  That's like using Locals everywhere!!  Yikes!!! 
Message 7 of 14
(7,527 Views)

Ray.R wrote:
LOL!  Imagine all the people that would need help if we came up with wireless wires... 

Of course we could also ask for underground wires that could be threaded below the diagram for some busy areas where they are not needed. 🙂

Message Edited by altenbach on 10-09-2009 02:07 PM
Message 8 of 14
(7,479 Views)
I have faced a few times the situation that updating the graphic card driver improved the initial appearance of FP and BD elements. If minimizing and restoring the window of FP or BD results in a correct redraw then it is time for me to check, if I missed to update for a longer period.
Guenter
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(7,467 Views)

altenbach wrote:
Of course we could also ask for underground wires that could be threaded below the diagram for some busy areas where they are not needed. 🙂

Message Edited by altenbach on 10-09-2009 02:07 PM

Smiley Very Happy

What about multi-layer block diagrams (like multi-layer PCBs)? Would require some 3D-thinking instead of all flat.

Display could be one layer at a time or 3D perspective.

Smiley Wink

Message Edited by dan_u on 10-10-2009 12:49 AM
Message 10 of 14
(7,454 Views)