LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: GPS Sim TK installer

the GPS simulation toolkit installer allows the selection of "install support for" Latest LabVIEW, LabVIEW 8.6.1, and LabVIEW 8.5.1.

Installation of support for LabVIEW 2009 is not accomplished with LabVIEW 2010 installed.

Workaround?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,020 Views)

Hi Jeff,

This is Jim from Applications Engineering.  The readme for the GPS toolkit says that it supports LabVIEW 8.5.1 or later, but it appears that installing with LabVIEW (Latest Version) selected doesn't install it to 2010.  This could mean that GPS toolkit is not supported on 2010, but I am in the process of confirming this with R&D.  If this is the case, then I will file a bug report for the readme and the installer.  Thanks for finding this and I will keep you updated.

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,990 Views)

Oh it installs it for 2010 and 8.6.1 and 8,5.1 just fine.  But, since it detected LabVIEW 2010  was the latest it never installed support for LabVIEW 2009! 

Do I need to uninstall LV2010 and the TK then Re-install the TK--- with 2009 as the "Latest Version" then re-install 2010 and ---- will that allow the installer to install 2010 support or will it need to "unregister" the for latest version?

I Just want support in 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 AND 2010... can it be done at the same time? it seems like a installer update is needed

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\RF Toolkits\GPS- is OK and works

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\RF Toolkits\GPS- is OK and works

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\RF Toolkits\GPS-  Is MISSING!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,987 Views)

Hi Jeff,

I have talked to R&D about the issue and it does look like an issue with the installer.  I have created a Corrective Action Request and R&D is working to update this for future versions.  The workaround for now would be to uninstall 2010, install the toolkit, install 2010 then install the toolkit again. 

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,946 Views)

@jschwartz wrote:

Hi Jeff,

I have talked to R&D about the issue and it does look like an issue with the installer.  I have created a Corrective Action Request and R&D is working to update this for future versions.  The workaround for now would be to uninstall 2010, install the toolkit, install 2010 then install the toolkit again. 

Also-  Copy the 8.6.1 TK to the same folder in 2009.   James, just have it fixed. 

Oh- and POST the CAR# so the community can trace the issue

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,935 Views)

Hi Jeff,

The CAR number is 246340.  Just to clarify, did this workaround work for now? If not, please let us know so we can keep working.

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,925 Views)

Hi,

I have installed NI GPS Simulation Toolkit. Once the toolkit is installed and I build an executable the executable will being the search process for all VI’s. I have been working with NI on this issue and the suppose fix is to call the VIs Dynamically. 

So I changed all VI’s to calling them dynamically. Now everything launches fine when executable loads. But when executable gets to the point when it needs to call the GPS VIs Dynamically the windows search box appears and starts to look for niGPSv2 Open Session and then aborts with error 1003. These VI’s in the NI GPS Simulation Toolkit 1.5 are all password protected so I can not look into the VI’s.

Has anyone successfully built a working executable with NI GPS Simulation Toolkit 1.5? If so what is the work around?

Thanks Bill

Test Engineer- Circuit Check Inc

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,794 Views)