LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Diagram keeps massively reorganising itself

I've also now tried placing a seperate sequence structure inside my timed loop, but the same problem exists.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(1,435 Views)

Looks like Norbert is right on this one, not an issue with the VI specifically, just an issue with frames inside of a timed loop. With the code below, if you clean up the Add primitive and the attached controls the whole structure will move right slowly.

Huh.png

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(1,433 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Norbert_B wrote:

Select your affected VI and execute this on it. I would expect the BD to be totally out of bounds....

Left=24, Top=-140, Right=7340, Bottom=2051

If i recall correctly "out of bounds" is >32768 or <-32767.... but haven't found any official notes on that.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(1,430 Views)

@big5824 wrote:

I've also now tried placing a seperate sequence structure inside my timed loop, but the same problem exists.

NEVER replace one problem with another one! SOLVE the problem.

Get rid of overused variables and remove all sequence structures/frames.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(1,428 Views)

@Norbert_B wrote:

If i recall correctly "out of bounds" is >32768 or <-32767.... but haven't found any official notes on that.

Norbert

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/62D66358BBF8A87186256FC50077FA17

From my experience it's not a very solid wall though. Strange things begin to happen as you get larger and larger.

Message 25 of 33
(1,425 Views)

My project didn't used to use the sequence structures, however as I added more features and complexity the diagram became rather ridiculous and unreadable due to a high degree of interconnection. Seperating the timed loop into three frames of data acquisition > signal processing > control with local variables to share information between frames made the diagram far easier to work with. I strongly feel this is a better approach than having no sequences and instead a hugely interconnected messy diagram.

Don't judge the current project too harshly, what you see now has been massively hacked around to try and get to the bottom of this bug.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(1,425 Views)

If things get too big on the block diagram, use subVIs. Easy solution, good to read (if you create nice icons) and very well to handle (if subVIs are well modularized).

So this is a win-win....

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(1,421 Views)

So probably a bug if there isn't a CAR already but here is a janky workaround for you. If you put a flat sequence structure around the the code you want to cleanup, then select all of the code in the sequence (do not select the sequence frame itself) then cleaning up that code works as intended. Then you can just remove the frame after.

Definitely unecessary but not too bad with QD shortcuts.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(1,420 Views)

Norbert, trust me, having previously approached this problem in the way you are suggesting the flat sequence structure is an appropiate tool for my application. Could we please focus on the Labview bug I'm trying to find a fix for instead of coding style? No amount or lack of local variables will fix the bug.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(1,410 Views)

Pressing cleaup on the entire diagram actually does a pretty good job here.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(1,400 Views)