LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken wire issue

Solved!
Go to solution

This is a very easy problem, but I'm a little confused.  I am trying to output from the Formula VI to a Indicator.  I get a broken wire error with the following text:

"You have connected two terminals of different types. The type of the source is 2-D array of double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)]. The type of sink is double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)]."

What type of indicator should I use?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,218 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Purdue17

Remove the broken wire (Ctrl+B).

Right click on the formula node output and select Create Indicator.

Felix

Message 2 of 8
(3,216 Views)

@Purdue17 wrote:

"You have connected two terminals of different types. The type of the source is 2-D array of double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)]. The type of sink is double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)]."

Read the sentence.  The source is a 2D array or double.  The sink (which is the indicator in this case) is double (the word double refers to a double precision number, or DBL).  It is not a 2D array.  Your indicator needs to be a 2D array of DBL.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 3 of 8
(3,208 Views)

@Purdue17 wrote:

Thanks!

You know I had that problem once upon a time too!  It seams like no matter how hard you look through the numeric controls palatte you can't find an array! 

but if you search the array & cluster section you CAN drop an empty array object then drop the desired element type into the hole in the middle of the array.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 8
(3,195 Views)

Purdue17 wrote:

There are many different flavors of indicators that can display 2D arrays. Using Felix's instructions, you get a plain 2D array.

Another possibilities would be a waveform graph or intensity graph. Pick whatever is most appropriate for the job. 😉

Message 5 of 8
(3,180 Views)

When you drop an array, it's 1D by default. You can right-click and select 'add dimension'.

Felix

Message 6 of 8
(3,151 Views)

Sorry to disturb this topic but the true is I can't create a new topic and I have the same.

I am doing some tutorials fo the Labview 2009 and I find myself stuck in the following problem. My wire breaks after the loop and I can't find the reason.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,791 Views)

Did you try the "New Message" button on the forum page for LabVIEW?

You have an auto-indexing tunnel thus creating a 1-D array of references.  Right click on it and disable auto-indexing.

Keep working through the tutorials because I'm sure tunnels are covered in there somewhere.  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,782 Views)