cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Wire

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello folk,

I am facing unexpected error in wire connection.

I am trying to connect array of cluster (3 elements) with waveform graph but my wire stay broken. I try to connect this array of cluster to terminal of subvi which leads me to following error

This VI does not match other VIs in the method; connector pane patterns are different

For reference I have attached my subvi here with.

CLAD
Passionate for LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,174 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jatinpatel1489@gmail.com

I don't see any "array of cluster" anywhere on the VI you have attached, so please be more specific. You should probably also include the calling VI with the broken wire.

Where is the data coming from? Since the terminal of both graphs are on the left side of the connector pane, they should probably be controls (=inputs to the subVI). One of them is an indicator. Do a right-click...change to control to fix that.

The clusters would need to be very specific, consisting of two scalars and an 1D array (x0, dx, [data], in exactly that cluster order). Any other array of clusters will not work, of course.

Message 2 of 7
(3,152 Views)

This is what I get from the LabVIEW help:

This VI does not match other VIs in the method; connector pane patterns are different

All VIs that implement a method must have the same connector pane pattern.

To correct this error, compare the connector pane patterns of both this VI and the VI of an ancestor class that implements this method.

Interesting Googling the phrase though - I came up with this link which might be of use as a "desktop reference."

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 7
(3,133 Views)

Graph terminals support many data types, but once you have it as a connector, it no longer changes automatically when you wire some other supported type. Attach your calling VI with the broken wire and we'll tell you how to fix it. Simple as that.

Message 4 of 7
(3,114 Views)

The VI you attached is not broken.  Hard to say where your trouble is.

The word "method" in the error message suggests that you are using LabVIEW classes in an object-oriented setup, but I don't see evidence of that.

Post something that is broken.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,073 Views)

jatinpatel1489@gmail.com wrote:

I try to connect this array of cluster to terminal of subvi which leads me to following error

For reference I have attached my subvi here with.

As I already said, this is only the subVI, but since the problem is with using this subVI inside another VI, you need to attach both so we can reproduce the problem. In order to help, you need to attach everything needed to troubleshoot.

Most likely you have a connector type problem. One of the terminal expects an array of waveforms. You need to go to the subVI and temporarily connect the correct array of clusters to the terminal so it switches over to the other supported type (you might have to turn it into an indicator temporarily: right-click...change to indicator). Once the graph terminal has morphed into the new type, delete the cluster again, change back to control if it was a control, and save the subVI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,062 Views)

by mistake I kept it as control. Silliest mistake that noone does and post on forum. 

@altenbach wrote:

I don't see any "array of cluster" anywhere on the VI you have attached, so please be more specific. You should probably also include the calling VI with the broken wire.

Where is the data coming from? Since the terminal of both graphs are on the left side of the connector pane, they should probably be controls (=inputs to the subVI). One of them is an indicator. Do a right-click...change to control to fix that.

The clusters would need to be very specific, consisting of two scalars and an 1D array (x0, dx, [data], in exactly that cluster order). Any other array of clusters will not work, of course.

CLAD
Passionate for LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,009 Views)