LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken DSC VI: libpropPage_2DataAccess.vi

Has anyone had this trouble?  I'm trying to go through the DSC tutorial and when it asks me to get the properties for a lblib file in a project explorer, I get this error:

Error 1003 occurred at libpropPage_2DataAccess.vi

I found that VI, and it is indeed broken.  But the diagram is locked.  There is a problem on the block diagram:

Invoke Node: Invalid Method

Invoke Node: Invalid refnum class

Details: "The refnum class that is being passed into this node is not fully defined.  This is because the refnum is defined using external files, and one or more of these files are missing."

Does anyone know the problem or how to fix it?

Thanks...

Jeremy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,650 Views)

Hi Dr. Levy!

I have read of others having issues with DSC that were resolved by mass-compiling the DSC stuff.

That of course assumes you have DSC loaded (but you know that).

if that does not work post which version you are working with and what tutorial example you have in front of you.

Your student in wire...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,637 Views)

Hi Ben,

thanks for the suggestion.  I tried recompiling the entire lvdsc directory, but it's still broken.  I also put in a help ticket with NI directly for this...we'll see what they have to say.  I installed DSC on my laptop and it's not giving the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,635 Views)

Hello Jeremy,

Do you have a link to the to the DSC Tutorial you are looking at? Also what version of LabVIEW and DSC do you have installed? Additionally, what versions of the .NET frameworks are on this machine? I will be in contact with the NI Engineer assigned to your service request mentioned above to ensure we can get you up and running smoothly as quickly as possible.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,622 Views)
i use labview 2012 and labview dsp test integration toolkit 2.0. when i open CCS open project subvi i get broken with12 error such as invoke node: invalid refnum class, property node: invalid refnum class. could you help me?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,554 Views)

Hi idjifcool,

The DSP Test Integration toolkit is different from the LabVIEW DSC module. Because this thread is over 3 years old, please create a new thread as you will most likely get a faster response. When you create your thread, would you be able to provide screenshots of the errors you are getting?

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,530 Views)

thank you sir! i have resolved a problem by installing labview express 7.0. but i have another problem. when i launch  my  program i get this error 14303 meaning  unable to open CCS whereas  i install Code Composer Studio 6. helpful

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,510 Views)