From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking a matrix into chunks

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello.

I was wondering, what would be the best way to break a large column array into pieces of a specific size?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,182 Views)

It depends on what you want to do later with them. But generally, Index Array and Array Subsets are your friends.

p.s. What is column array?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,176 Views)

A column array is simply a 1D array in the form of a column.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,169 Views)

A 1D-array has no vertical or column form. It is a visual layout chosen by the user on the front panel.

This information does not change the statement and the hidden question in Message 2. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,163 Views)

Do you want to break it into regular pieces of equal size/length? Is the length of a smaller piece a divisor of the total length of the large array?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,155 Views)

Yes and not necessarily. I'm working on a program responsible for collecting data from a 6-degree loadcell. I want to be able to take all data observed and multiply it by a 6x6 matrix to change the incoming voltage to newtons and newton-meters. If it helps, I've attached the program below.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,146 Views)

Can you replace your VoltageIn express VI with a 2D DBL array diagram constant containing typical data?

(index array is resizeable, use a parallel FOR loop instead of all these individual AxB instances, etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,120 Views)

I've modified the program and attached it below.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,112 Views)

Your array control does not contain any data. Make the current values the default before saving.

(You also seem to be confused about indexing. The first element is index 0 in LabVIEW.)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,104 Views)

Sorry about that. The default values should now be set. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,095 Views)