LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bound XControl doesn't update when not visible

Hi all,

I'm running into an issue with XControl binding and missed Data Change events. In particular I have a VI with a single subpanel. The VI loads and asynchronously runs multiple different subVIs, and handles swapping the subVIs into and out of the subpanel. So far, so good.

The problem I have is that each of these subVIs contains multiple XControls, each of which is bound to a shared variable. When the subVI is visible in the subpanel, the bound XControl receives Data Change events without issue. The bound XControls in the other subVIs don't receive any Data Change events, and when the subVI is loaded into the subpanel, all of the XControl data is stale. I've verified the subVIs are running correctly, and that simple numeric controls which are bound do correctly update when the subVI isn't visible.

This appears related to the issue(s) mentioned in this thread from 2006 (!), for which a CAR was raised (41OGGULG).

Was this issue ever resolved?

For now my workaround is to bind a control within the XControl (which does work), but this will only work for simple datatypes to be displayed. For complex data types requiring additional prcoessing for display, this is still an issue. Is there anything else I can do to get around this problem?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,447 Views)

Hi MichaelBalzer,

I've looked at our CAR database and a previous SR having to deal with this CAR. It seems that the answer given by RnD is that the workaround is the "final solution" having to deal with this CAR. Please post this on our idea exchange (http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideas) and keep an eye out for fixes in future versions of LabVIEW!

Casey B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,403 Views)