LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean switch's that are timed

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to control a heater to be turned on for 60 seconds, and then be turned off for 120 seconds, and then the operation be repeated for a number of cycles. My main loop runs continuously with a delay of 50 ms, and needs a boolean signal from the switch continuously, so there is no possiblity  of placing a wait or time elapsed function in this loop. When I try calling a subVI that has a delay, the output to my main loop would be delayed. Would anyone be able to recommend me in the right direction. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,884 Views)

@prithvibasak wrote:

there is no possiblity  of placing a wait or time elapsed function in this loop

I haven't looked at your code yet, but the Elapsed Time VI doesn't cause your program to wait, so why wouldn't this work?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,879 Views)
Solution
Accepted by prithvibasak

Just do it like this. It initializes False, after time has elapsed, it switches to True, and so on.

Time Elapsed Heater.png

This could use some clean-up with the Select nodes, but it gets the job done. This results in False for 120, then True for 60 seconds, rinse and repeat.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 3 of 3
(3,872 Views)