cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bookmark Manager crash

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I believe bookmarking was a great idea, but I was unable to use it in my current project.

My project is large and has been in development since LabVIEW 8.2, and I am now running 2014SP1 (I had the same issue with 2013). Everytime I launch the Bookmark Manager, its window opens up, searching starts ("Populating list... Please wait"), but it systematically crashes, along with LabVIEW, before showing results.

The info I get from LV Crash communicator is :

Exception : Access violation (0xC0000005) à EIP=0x0131833A

Version : 14.0.1 (32-bit)

Possible Cause: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\resource\dialog\BookmarkManager\managers\Default\support\BMark_Get Bookmarks for VI.vi

If I run the Bookmark Manager in other projects, it works fine.

Has anybody met (and maybe solved) the same?

Any clue how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,278 Views)

Hi,

From the screenshot you provided, and report id listed, it does not appear that you have filed a crash report. I would encourage you to submit a crash report the next time this crash occurs.

Eric H.
Senior Field Applications Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,203 Views)

Hello,

In fact I did it probably a dozen times before, about every time I tried the feature.

Would it help if I provoke the crash once again and send out the report?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,174 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DCanQAlias

If you have already sent in crash reports, that is probably good enough. I did find a short help page about using Bookmark Manager with a few tips to avoid errors. 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvdialog/bkmk_manager_moreinfo/

Hope this helps.

Eric H.
Senior Field Applications Engineer
NI
Message 4 of 7
(3,161 Views)

@erich88 wrote:

If you have already sent in crash reports, that is probably good enough. I did find a short help page about using Bookmark Manager with a few tips to avoid errors. 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvdialog/bkmk_manager_moreinfo/

Hope this helps.

Just about what I was thinking... a missing or corrupt BD in the project.

Try: Opening some of the higher level vis in the main application instance (with the .lvproj closed) and launching the Bookmark manager to isolate the offending vi(s)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 7
(3,149 Views)

Mass compiling the whole project (and not only the main application and subvis) showed that it needed a major cleanup, which I took the time to do. It allowed the Bookmark Manager to work again.

Thank you and Jeff·Þ·Bohrer for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,119 Views)

@DCanQAlias wrote:

Mass compiling the whole project (and not only the main application and subvis) showed that it needed a major cleanup, which I took the time to do. It allowed the Bookmark Manager to work again.

Thank you and Jeff·Þ·Bohrer for your help!

Those .lvproj' file can "Get to be a mess"  Been there - done thatSmiley Embarassed

Keep that "dependancies" clean! 

Glad to have helped!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,105 Views)