LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Gecko from Silabs + Labview - Communication Issues

Hey

I am doing a project with sensor nodes and WSN. I have acquired a blue gecko development kit with a BGM 111 from Silabs. The kit has the BLE or bluetooth 4.2, which seems to be a big issue to communicate with labview. By using normal VISA serial block diagrams, I have manage to normally acquire the message that the BlueGecko was advertising. However, I do need to send a message (command) from the PC with labview to the device, in order to require a different advertisment rate. I have already spent 3 days trying to do this by myself, but no advance at all. 

Any solutions??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,061 Views)

Make sure your command and the format which you are sending is right. as you are able to read then even write should work without issues.

Check with hyperterminal to verify commands are correct.

Share the code which you tried.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,052 Views)

Well,

I am simply trying to use serial write to send the command. However Bluegecko uses BGScript Language and BGapi commands. I had just tried to use a simple command to send a message. But it doesnt seems to be working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,043 Views)