LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block diagram removed from VI after build is it possible to get it back?

After a build (I think, unclear what acctually caused the problem) one sub VI was unable to be edited and the "show block diagram" option and the "edit mode" was greyed out. now I'm unable to build the project or edit the VI. Labview 2013 was used. Is there any way to restore anything of the block diagram from the VI? Ill attach the VI. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,050 Views)

Hi mtro,

when the BD is removed, then it is gone…

To get it back just step back to an older version of that VI using your favorite SVN system.

Or pick up your backup drive and look there for an older version of this VI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,044 Views)

Hi GerdW,

yes that's what I feared, thanks for a fast reply!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,015 Views)

Windows also has an automatic backup which might work. Right click the file in Explorer and select Restore previous versions.

(2,963 Views)

Have anyone else seen this happen? I use LV2013 with latest patch (but not SP1). I am quite sure it happened during a build of an .exe.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,918 Views)
When you do a build, the block diagrams are removed but the source files should not be touched. How did you specify the build. Did you point to the source code folder as the destination for the build?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,906 Views)

I have created a build in the Build Specifications. The destination is the default ../builds, so not the same as the source code folder.

I do agree that the source file shouldn't be touched why I am very confused on how this happened. I havn't used Save As nor edited the properties of the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,896 Views)