LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinking or Flickering in LabView 2012 64 bit

I installed LabVIEW 2012 64 bit edition to my Windows 7 64 bit OS.  After the rebooting, and opening LV2012, I create a new VI, then click on either Block Diagram or Front Panel, I get maybe a 1/2 second (500ms) blinking or flickering that is very annoying.  It looks like it is a windows focus event issue between windows 7 and the labview 2012 application.  For example, I click on either desktop background, or another windows application like explorer or notepad, and then when I click on any part of the block diagram or front panel, I see a flicker or blinking.

I've installed LV 2012 64bit on 2 computers, and it's the same problem.  On the third computer, I installed LV 2012 32 bit, and I don't see the problem.

Is this a bug or feature only on 64 bit version of LV 2012?  

- crazycliffy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,798 Views)

Hey crazycliffy,

That's a strange issue. I tried reproducing it on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine with 64-bit LabVIEW 2012 but didn't experience the same behavior. If you could provide me with a few pieces of information it might help me find more information:

1. Other Running Programs: Do you have any other programs running on your computer when you experience the flickering issue? And also, are you running locally or on a remote machine?

2. LabVIEW Version Number: Could you provide me with the exact version number of your install? To find that, just go to Help > About LabVIEW and you should see a version number. It should look something like 12.0f1.

3. Steps to Reproduce: The steps I followed were: 

A. Open LabVIEW 2012

B. Create a new project

C. Create a new VI within the project

D. Open the VI's front panel

E. Open Notepad

F. Click back onto the VI's front panel

So with those steps, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Is there anything else I can try to recreate the problem on my end?

I'll keep researching on my end and see if I can find anything about the issue. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out what's going on.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,763 Views)

Hi.

My labview version says "Version 12.0 (64-bit)".  There is no 12.0f as you hinted.

After closing some other apps, I found out that  "UltraMon" is the culprit.  UltraMon is a utility for multi-monitor systems, I have a dual display monitor setup.  Anyways, I think I can live with it..  

Thanks!

- crazycliffy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,755 Views)

Ok found a workaround, after enabling UltraMon for compatibility options, now no more flashing...

reference:

https://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/forum/messages.asp?Topic=11699&tmpl=

"Might be related to the window buttons added by UltraMon, please try if either using the alternative window buttons or disabling the buttons for LabVIEW fixes the problem, you can do this via UltraMon Options > Compatibility."

-Clifton

- crazycliffy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,753 Views)