LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinking color of a LabVIEW cluster, as opposed to the usual control/indicator

There is a lot of information on the 4-element Color cluster property node of a control/indicator regarding changing the behavior of blinking, but I am not finding much on doing so for a cluster object. I am currently notifying machine operators of the particular status of a device by loading a color (U32 only, not a 4-element cluster) and just having it blink. This doesn't give me enough flexibility in controlling the alternate color that is seen the other 50% of the time. While the brute force methods mentioned in previous posts seem productive for the controls/indicators they address, this method isn't really a solution for a cluster of objects.

Any ideas?

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,162 Views)

Try this.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 2 of 5
(3,140 Views)

Add items function working nicely, still figuring out the remove. I am trying to get a cluster to blink different colors based on different conditions. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,024 Views)

It doesn't directly support changing the blink property values on the fly, so you have to do it by removing the item, then adding it back with different property values.Cluster Blink.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,991 Views)

Indeed. I have since gotten it to work. Right now I'm having issues with the colors flickering appropriately, but that may be due to these asynchronous threads and their timeouts also having to compete with my timeout in the event structure on the main page that displays the clusters. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,980 Views)