LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black strip in front panel

As suggested i tried to copy paste from the block diagram, but i got the same effect and block diagram became unresponsive after some time.

my main vi contains around 300-400 indicator and memory size is around 3.5 to 4 MB.

finding very hard to work, as it is a product code and cannot rewrite it.

Regards,

Shrek

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(1,350 Views)

@shrekt wrote:

As suggested i tried to copy paste from the block diagram, but i got the same effect and block diagram became unresponsive after some time.

my main vi contains around 300-400 indicator and memory size is around 3.5 to 4 MB.

finding very hard to work, as it is a product code and cannot rewrite it.

Regards,

Shrek

300-400 controls sounds like a lot! I suspect you have several groups of similar controls? Could you group stuff as type def'd clusters? I suppose that'd help some. Can you post the VI?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(1,316 Views)

@davekorpi wrote:

Ravens Fan... You started with LV 7.X.. That was the very worst one.. Do not get me wrong.. I LOVE LV and use it ALL THE TIME.. 

But, you gotta know that 6.1.f1 was AWESOME because it built the smallest footprint executables and was FLAWLESS! I even got a 510K Medical approval on a program I wrote. That thing was ROBUST to the MAX...

What I am using now, 2013 is VERY VERY VERY nice EXCEPT that the Application Builds are SUPER DUPER HUGE and customers piss and maon, even when I try to put in ONLY what is needed, like ONLY English, and ONLY Serial and DAQ.. AND.. it doew not always work for every customer.... Smiley Sad

Thanks soo much for your idea! I will remember THAT one!

That's funny - I always thought that LV 7.11 was THE most rock-solid, stable release - EVER.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(1,306 Views)

@billko wrote:

That's funny - I always thought that LV 7.11 was THE most rock-solid, stable release - EVER.  😄

It was for me too, unless you started to do RT development. That was really tacked on back then rather than integrated into LabVIEW.

Also some of the sentiments against 7.1(.1) may be that it was the version that replaced the NI in house advanced analysis library with the Intel MKL library as backend. That definitely made an end to create easily self contained executables, that NI tried to discourage since 6.0 already.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32
(1,272 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

@billko wrote:

It was for me too, unless you started to do RT development. That was really tacked on back then rather than integrated into LabVIEW.

Also some of the sentiments against 7.1(.1) may be that it was the version that replaced the NI in house advanced analysis library with the Intel MKL library as backend. That definitely made an end to create easily self contained executables, that NI tried to discourage since 6.0 already.

I just thought it was funny that the opinions were so polarized - no doubt because of the old riddle about the elephant and the blind men syndrome.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(1,250 Views)

Just for your info, the same problem is discussed here.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(1,226 Views)

As i was unable to copy paste the copy, which was suggested earlier, i tried to rewrite the code again.

i saved the code and then when i restarted the Labview i got an popup asking to investigate the error, when i did i got the attached log file in My Documents/Labview Data/ lvfailurelog. error with some saving the panel etc.

I am using .net constructor with webservices for data transfer, some of my subvis got in that same manner which is discussed earlier messages.

Can anyone suggest anything.

Regards,

Shrek

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(1,173 Views)

Shrek:

Are you going into the Programming Window (different from the front panel with the black line) and use Ctrl A (to select All) then open a BRAND NEW EMPTY VI and going into the Programming WIndow and hitting Ctrl V (to paste)?

The REASON this should work is the black line originates from the front panel having, what I would call, an "entity" that got the scrollbars mad that did not, in my case, get copied when I used the Programming Window as the source.. 

This method brings over happy and "fresh" instances of the front panel indicators.

My guess is your black line happened when you tried to paint a color somewhere on the front panel?

If you like this give Kudos to the guy who told ME about it.. And me if you like too! 

BTW.. one NI Senior tech said they have entered this into the bucket of things to fix...I just got my LV 2015.... LV 2015 does not automatically fix it.. 

If you get it to work let us know!

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(1,162 Views)

no i did not paint anything on the front panel. and surely not on the affected subvis as they are for internal purpose only. and copy paste is working for me as i have told earlier, it is not pasting properly(not for subvi, for main vi which is not corrupt now but i dont know when it will.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(1,153 Views)

I am facing the same issue 😞 . did any one find the solution ?

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(977 Views)