LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binning issues with Apogee camera

Hi,

I am using labview to interface to an Apogee 32ME camera. 

I use Automaton open and use Icamera methods to set the exposure and obtain images and it works fine.

But the moment I set any binning, it gives an unspecified error when I call the "Expose" method (that is when I am trying to expose the camera). I am not sure why this is so. Any help would be appreciated. I am posting the code along with this email.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
 Bala
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,545 Views)
All I had to do was to set the NumX and NumY values to suitably reflect the binning. The camera is not smart enough to set these values itself.

I am leaving this thread for future references...

Cheers,
 Bala
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,543 Views)

Hello,

Glad to hear you solved the problem, and thanks for posting - the next person to have this problem will hopefully find the solution here!

Best Regards,

JLS

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,528 Views)

Hi,

I am having similar issues of binning. I am trying program an Apogee KX260e model using LabVIEW. I can use Automaton open and use Icamera methods to set the exposure and obtain images and it works fine. 

But like Bala said, when I try to bin the image to improve capture rate using the bin x and bin y commands, expose the image and then convert the variant to data, I get an error message. I would appreciate any help and a sample code if possible.

Thanks.
Edwin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,045 Views)

Hi Bala

I am using labview to interface to an Apogee U2 camera

I use Icamera methods to set the exposure and obtain images and it works fine.

But the moment I set any binning  and I have some problem,It take image very fast and the images not as well as before.

Any help would be appreciated. I am posting the code along with this email.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,448 Views)